Understanding the Sales Funnel
The Sales Funnel is the term used in sales and marketing industries to describe the process buyers go through to become aware of, evaluate, and purchase a new product or service.
The Six Phases of a Sales Funnel
- Awareness Stage: The buyer realises they need or want something - eg flights to Paris
- Consideration Stage: The buyer defines their problems, wants, intentions and then researches options to meet their needs
- Preference Stage: The buyer has enough positive information to select your brand as their preference
- Purchase Stage: The buyer chooses a product and completes a purchase
- Loyalty Stage: The buyer has a loyal relationship with the brand & is a repeat purchaser
- Advocacy Stage: The buyer advocates, shares and recommends their experience
When you create any content online for email, website, Google Ads, social media...you always want to think about what area of the sales funnel does this content represent.
For example, if you're wanting more repeat purchases than you'll know from the sales funnel, your content needs to be around advocacy not about awareness type content.
Save and print our marketing funnel infographic to place above your workspace for when you're strategising any content.